Best Clothing for EB Patients
debra of America, an organization committed to funding research toward a cure for Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB), stresses the importance of clothing worn by those with EB.
What to Look for In Clothing
There are several things to keep in mind when providing clothing for a person with EB:
- Ensure it is easy to put on and take off.
- Buy clothing with wide neck-lines.
- Try to stay away from clothes that contain pressure points from buttons, zips, buckles or seams.
- Remember you should not dress those with EB too warmly as sweating encourages blistering.
More EB Clothing Tips
Here are more general tips for well-adapted clothing:
- Wear soft material that is agreeable to the skin
- Favor breathable materials: cotton, silk and viscose or modern synthetic materials as used in sports clothing.
- Consider wearing clothes that may not be breathable, but are soft and well-fitting. Take note: clothes may stick to the skin if the fabric contains too much spandex.
- Having velcro fastenings instead of zips or buttons and elastic bands instead of waistbands can also be helpful.
For more information or self-help tips, visit debra at http://www.debra-international.org/patients/caring-for-someone-with-eb/clothing-what-to-mind.html or https://www.chcsolutions.com/continuum_connect/wound-care/special-camps-for-kids-with-eb/.
*Disclaimer: Any health and wellness content presented is for general informational purposes only. Such content is not intended to replace or serve as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.