How to Stay Fit in Your Wheelchair
Diet and exercise tips flood the Internet but there are few resources out there for wheelchair users to find their own exercise routine, an important part of staying in shape. The website 101Mobility has assembled a list of links and videos to illustrate that exercise is for people of all abilities.
There are multiple benefits to exercising while in a wheelchair. It increases users’ endurance, alleviate muscle and joint pains, improves balance and enhances range of motion.
Here’s a list of some resources:
1. Seated Cardio Workout: Burn Calories Exercising from a Chair
2. Chair Workout: Seated Cardio
4. Aerobic Exercise for Individuals with Tetraplegia
5. Seated Aerobics Exercise Class
6. Exercise Video for People with Intellectual and Physical Disabilities
7. Ab Exercises for Disabled or Wheelchair Users
8. Seated Abs Workout: Chair Exercises for Your Core
For those with a medical condition, remember to consult with a doctor before starting any new fitness program. While exercising in a wheelchair, when possible, be sure to have an instructor, caregiver or partner present.
For more information, go to https://101mobility.com/blog/wheelchair-exercises/
*Disclaimer: Any health and wellness content presented is for general informational purposes only. Such content is not intended to replace or serve as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.