Caregiver is just the right name for you – because you care.
Your loved on relies on you, and it’s a responsibility you take seriously.
But with so much time and attention focused on someone else’s needs, it can be easy to forget that you need to tend to your own.
Check in with yourself once a month to make sure you’re following all of these self-care tips for caregivers.
- Seek out support groups for caregivers.
- Prioritize your own health.
- Accept help when it is offered to you.
- Don’t be afraid to ask doctors questions.
- Organize medical information to mitigate stress.
- Be open to new technologies to help your loved one.
- Treat yourself to rest and relaxation.