Find Adaptive Clothing at Your Favorite Retailers
More mainstream retailers are including adaptive options. The LifeZest organization, which is dedicated to assistive technology for independent living, remote care and peace of mind, highlighted several of these adaptive options.
Where Can I Find Adaptive Clothing?
Target continues to expand its adaptive clothing line. For instance, the children’s clothing offers several options such as flat seams, no tags for comfort, slits for abdominal access, soft and breathable fabrics and adaptive shoes with an around-the-toe zipper.
In addition to kid’s clothing, they have adaptive clothing for infants, teens and adults.
To shop Target’s adaptive clothing line, visit https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=adaptive+clothing
Additionally, Kohl’s has an adaptive apparel line that caters to families with complex needs. While their products recognize customers’ unique needs, Kohl’s adaptive clothing has the same inclusive fabrics, styles and graphics as their other departments.
When browsing their collection, you can find adaptive clothing available in the following departments: infants, children, teens and adults. Kohl’s also offers holiday options like Halloween costumes.
Kohls has a variety of different adaptive options:
- Abdominal openings that provide easier tube feeding access. This includes snap closures and slits in the abdominal region of clothes.
- Sensory-friendly clothing that reduces irritation/friction of the skin. This includes flat and external seams, heat-seal tags and knit fabrics.
- Wheelchair-friendly options that help provide all-around comfort. This includes higher waistlines, hidden leg openings, comfort over a diaper and adjustable pockets.
To visit the Kohl’s adaptive section, go to https://www.kohls.com/catalog/adaptive.jsp?CN=Feature:Adaptive
Additionally, Target continues to expand its adaptive clothing line.
The children’s clothing offers several options such as flat seams, no tags for comfort, slits for abdominal access, soft and breathable fabrics and adaptive shoes with an around-the-toe zipper.
In addition to kid’s clothing, they have adaptive clothing for infants, teens and adults. Kohl’s also offers holiday options like Halloween costumes.
In order to shop Target’s adaptive clothing line, visit at https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=adaptive+clothing
After receiving a phone call from a discouraged customer shopping for adaptive shoes, Zappos realized the need for more stylish and functional adaptive options in their store.
Following, Zappos created an adaptive shoe and clothing department for toddlers, children, teens and adults.
At this time, Zappos has easy on/off, ankle-foot orthosis friendly and orthotic friendly shoes. Also, there are diabetic-approved designs, wide-fit options and other features available.
- Easy slip-on designs with elastic strap
- Non-slip PU outsoles to reduce heel and metatarsal pressure
- Side hook-and-loop closures
- Zipper closure systems
- Firm heel counter to minimize abnormal stretching and reduce pain
- Lightweight and breathable materials
- Removable insoles that let you add personal orthotics
In addition, customers can buy a single shoe or build a pair using different sizes.
You can shop their adaptive clothing under categories such as easy-dressing, sensory-friendly and seated clothing.
- Velcro closure at shoulders and center of the back to mimic traditional seams
- Zippers on the side of pants for easier dressing
- Hook and loop closure at the waist and sides of boxers
- Tagless designs to reduce irritation
- Wide neck openings
- Embroidered pullies on either side of adaptive socks for easier wear
To shop Zappos, visit https://www.zappos.com/e/adaptive
Last but not least, Etsy, an online-only store centered around handmade items, has over 2,000 items listed under adaptive clothing.
- Snap closure shirts, swimwear, pants and undergarments
- Zippers on the side of sleeves and back
- Abdominal access
- Shirts designed to put on and remove without disconnecting any tubing
- Strategic zipper openings on jackets for easy access to arms, torso, neck and shoulders
Also, Etsy allows you to support small businesses and crafters. In contrast to other retailers on this list, each seller features different items on their own profile page of the website.
Finally, more top brands are becoming aware of the need for adaptive clothing. They are trying to make clothes that are not just useful, but inclusive and stylish as well.
In order to learn more and stay up to date, visit our community updates blogs page at https://www.chcsolutions.com/continuum_connect/community-updates/.
*Disclaimer: Any health and wellness content presented is for general informational purposes only. Such content is not intended to replace or serve as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.