Job Title: Cash Posting Specialist
Reports To: Team Leader
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Cash Posting Specialist has responsibilities in the following aspects of AR: Post payments to accounts accurately, efficiently and timely through manual and ERN posting methods; complete adjustments; resolve remit issues to ensure ability to accurately post payments
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Post all incoming electronic and paper payments to correct accounts. Methods include both manual posting and ERN processing.
- Identify accuracy of payments per payer contracts/fee schedules, process contractual adjustments when appropriate, and code invoice for remaining balance when short-paid.
- Review ERN error report to make any necessary changes to automatic posting of payments.
- Process cash correction transactions and A/R transfer transactions when appropriate.
- Code claim denials to invoices utilizing the ANSI Adjustment Reason Code format established by CMS.
- Review and resolve credit balances by determining the nature of the credit. Notify insurance appropriately of confirmed overpayments. Request offsets or refunds as appropriate. Process refund requests from payers.
- Track all refund activity through account notation and additionally track all refunds by check on a spreadsheet.
- Assist with month end close as needed.
- All cash received is expected to be posted by month end: working overtime, weekends and/or holidays may be requested or, if absolutely necessary, mandated in order to accomplish this goal.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One-year healthcare AR or financial experience or equivalent education.
- DME experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office software.
- Detail oriented.
Reports to: Team Leader
- May occasionally lift or move up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to reach, bend, carry, hear, read and write.
- Manual dexterity with fine hand coordination.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the position you are applying for in the email subject line.